Wednesday, July 11, 2012

T'ai Chi Morality



I had to punch a girl in t'ai chi class today. 

It was in slow motion and a pretend punch, as well as redirected by her before twisting my arm, putting me on the floor, and finally pushing me away/over.

It was a an informative and fun learning exercise.

We took turns being the attacker and the defender and it was all very gentle. I'm sure we all had fun learning how to redirect punches and take control of a situation to make an opportunity to counter an attack or escape from an attacker. She was kicking my butt, haha.

Great techniques to know for both men and women. Yay for T'ai Chi! Not only improves physical health (blood circulation especially), and mental health (stress relief), but also gives you confidence and pride with the accomplishment that comes with learning something new.

I am likely to take second and third level t'ai chi classes at my school (Clark College) if there is room in fall quarter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
//*Facebook Button*//
//*Twitter Button*//